Novel food in China
On June 13, 2017, Chinese National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC) published announcement of ten newly approved new food raw material which including:
1. Shea butter (Sheanut oil, Shea oil)
3. Borojo powder
4. Sialic acid
5. Cis-15-Tetracosenoic Acid
6. Aqueous Extract of Seed of Broccoli
7. Rice bran fatty alcohol
8.γ-linolenic Acid Oil
9. Calcium β- hydroxy -β- methyl butyrate （CaHMB）
10. Lithocarpus litseifolius folium(young leaf)
Before Oct 1st ,2013, new food raw material was named as novel food in China. The new definition of new food raw material is that foods have not been traditionally consumed in China including but not limited to the following:
(1) Animals, plant and microorganism;
(2) Ingredients separated from animals, plant and microorganism;
(3) Ingredients with changed structure
(4) Other newly developed food raw materials
From 2004 till now there are totally 129 new food raw material approved. For the details and approval procedure refer to the picture. Anyone interested in this topic for Chinese market, feel free to contact our company http://info.foodmate.com/, or contact with me.
If you are interested in this service and you would like to try it in your business, please do not hesitate to request a trial version/trial period of the service.
We will contact you and help you apply and put this service into practice.